Under general direction, coordinates the timely execution, renewal and administration of Central Health Contracts in compliance with all policies and procedures to meet the business needs of the organization, including the functions of the contract management and repository software system. Supports the procurement, legal and business leaders to ensure a contract administration program that ensures integrity and compliance. May also perform procurement functions in compliance with policies, procedures and applicable State and Federal rules and regulations.
• Serve as a liaison between Central Health’s procurement, legal, and operating departments for the training, use and management of the contract management and repository software system.
• Develop and update contract administration program tools and training for Central Health staff in compliance with all policies and procedures.
• Assist with business analysis for contract planning, development, and management.
• Coordinate contract renewals and amendments assigned to procurement department.
• Revise and/or prepare procurement documents, change orders and task orders.
• Confer with procurement staff, legal staff, and management on various legal matters; inspect and reviews contracts for compliance with certification requirements, laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Review legal documents and coordinate development of legal templates with legal department as needed.
• Identify opportunities for process improvement and streamlining activities to improve efficiencies.
• Develops and implements Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) vendor outreach and education.
• Provides information and assistance to staff regarding purchasing procedures, purchase order/bid status updates and contract status.
• Implement records management practices for assigned area(s) according to policy and procedure and maintains assigned files and records.
• Support the diversity and inclusion initiatives of the organization.
• Completes the annual compliance training by scheduled deadline.
• Perform other job responsibilities as assigned.
• Principles and practices of contract development and negotiation.
• Principles and practices of public sector purchasing.
• Thinking critically using logic and analysis to identify strengths and weaknesses of different approaches
• Utilizing computer-based purchasing or contract management applications
• Listening to internal and external customers and ascertaining appropriate information;
• Effectively communicating information and ideas verbally, and in writing;
• Organization and time management;
• Developing approaches for implementing ideas.
• Develop complex contracts and solicitation documents to procure necessary goods and services;
• Correctly follow established statutes, rules, processes and procedures;
• Manage a heavy workload and meet deadlines, as required;
• Evaluate contracts and recommend future status;
• Project manage multiple priorities simultaneously;
• Pay attention to details.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: • High School Diploma or GED
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Associates Degree in a related field
• Three (3) years’ experience in contracts coordination or administration roles, to include:
• Working in an office environment managing multiple projects,
• Issuing task orders, change orders, amendments and updating required terms and conditions of contracts,
• experience in development of standard operating procedures,
• participation in the contract development process.
• Five (5) years’ experience managing contract development, renewal and management for a governmental organization.
• Experience using Periscope’s Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) tool
• Completion of an accredited paralegal certification program; or
• Completion of an accredited public purchasing certification program.