Under the general direction of the Director of Strategic Planning, the Healthcare Planner will support the work of the organization by:
• Researching, summarizing best practices and managing planning efforts in the areas of behavioral health and substance use disorder treatment;
• Responsible for organizational research and planning in areas included within a comprehensive system of care such as prevention and wellness, primary care, specialty care, post acute care, hospital care, transitions of care and other integrators, population health,
community health, social determinants of health and other health care delivery as needed;
• Responsible for reviewing and building organizational knowledge of local, state, and federal data sources for planning and identifying emerging trends, persistent problems, and overarching themes in health and health care;
• Serving as a knowledge expert of Central Health’s strategic objectives, goals and initiatives in a variety of settings within the Central Health Enterprise and with community partners, and providing regular and comprehensive summaries of community activity, strategic plans,and opportunities for alignment and collaboration;
• Research and synthesis:
o Monitor and review local, state, and national best practices in the areas of population health, community health, behavioral health services, and substance use disorder treatment; provide clear and cogent summaries of activities and opportunities.
o Review local, state, and federal data sources relating to health care and health; highlight, in written and verbal summaries, emerging trends, persistent problems, and overarching themes in health and health care;
o Review strategic and annual plans of local and state governments, commissions, and organizations; identify trends, themes, and opportunities for collaboration and alignment.
• Community participation:
o Is a critical partner to the various community meetings with organizations, planning bodies, and coalitions; listen and participate as appropriate; provide meeting summaries and detail opportunities for collaboration.
o Monitor coalition progress and offer Central Health’s input and support as appropriate.
o Collaborate with Central Health’s outreach and community engagement staff to ensure Central Health’s strategic objectives and planning efforts are accurately defined and communicated to the public.
• Internal planning and strategy support:
o Responsible for the development of expert knowledge and research portions of Systems Planning work and development of annual workplans.
o Responsible for planning, developing, scoping/phasing, and coordinating projects as needed; measure status against milestones, track outputs and outcomes compared to established targets.
o Promote the inclusion of the strategic perspective across the enterprise by supporting other departments’ or divisions’ projects and planning as needed.
o Serves as a partner for the preparation of internal and externally facing materials, including reports, presentations, and testimony.
o Planning, developing, and collaborating with strategy department staff and other departments to support implementation of complex projects for Central Health.
o Supporting strategic planning and the inclusion of the strategic perspective across the organization.
• Team dynamics & expectations
o Promote collaboration, transparency and inclusivity in workflow, meeting structures and information sharing
o Document work, share information with supervisors and colleagues
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Research and writing best practices including conducting literature review
• Familiarity with healthcare strategy, planning and administration including healthcare for underserved populations and related rules and regulations, data sources, and community needs assessments;
• Comprehension of Texas and Travis County governance and public health care structures and how they affect low-income, uninsured and vulnerable populations;
• Project management and strategic planning
• Ability to collaborate with others across organizations and departments and to promote a strategic perspective
• Performing complex operations in Microsoft Office Suite
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 2 years of demonstrated related experience
Preferred Experience: 3 Years preferred