The Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Manager will lead the execution of Central Health’s DEI strategy. The DEI Manager will serve as a catalyst to leverage best practices to promote a culture of awareness and inclusivity. In this role, the DEI Manager will collaborate closely with the executive team and other committees to ensure alignment between the business practices and the DEI goals and objectives.
• Lead Central Health’s efforts to promote diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) within the organization.
• Develop goals and implement strategies that establish and sustain a diverse and inclusive workplace culture.
• Identify metrics that will evaluate Central Health’s progress in achieving the organization’s DEI goals.
• Create and maintain Central Health’s Employee Affinity Groups.
• Manage and implement programs that advance Central Health’s DEI goals.
• Communicate with executive management and staff to gather information on the success of the organization’s DEI initiative and provides updates to staff and at executive and Board meetings.
• Exhibit compassion, vulnerability, and empathy when working with employees and advancing Central Health’s DEI goals.
• Play an integral role in steering cultural change related to DEI within Central Health.
• Serve as the DEI subject matter expert by providing guidance to executive management and staff about DEI best practices.
• Identify implicit associations that may lead to discrimination, inequality, and exclusion; collaborates with HR to present effective techniques to help managers and employees overcome stereotypes and biases.
• Collaborate with HR to provide awareness training on unconscious bias/anti-racism of all staff.
• Work with the Human Resources and the Communications Departments to build employer brand and recruiting and marketing strategies that align with Central Health’s values of diversity and inclusion.
• Partner with human resources and the leadership team to assess the efforts on diversity and cross-cultural inclusion programs, establishes best practices, and identifies programs and plans to remove barriers that affect staff recruitment, retention and advancement.
• Champion diversity and inclusion awareness across Central Health.
• Monitor and analyze workforce demographic data, understands trends and reports progress to necessary stakeholders.
• Lead the D&I committee groups and action plans.
• Serve as the champion for the organization’s Employee Resource Groups.
• Lead conversations to broad audiences and navigate crucial conversations regarding underrepresented communities, privilege, and equity.
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of DEI best practices including effective approaches to attraction, recruitment, selection, engagement, and retention.
• Ability to analyze information and convert related activities into a comprehensive work plan.
• Ability to think outside the box to come up with innovative solutions to new challenges.
• A highly effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely write and articulate ideas, concepts, and proposals to engage team, peers, and management.
• Ability to form strategic partnerships and influence key stakeholders such as Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, Communications, Marketing, and Executive leaders.
• Ability to manage ambiguity and complex problem-solving, emerging with strategic plans and deliverables
• Fluency in data analysis to inform strategies and create metrics and accountability for effective, inclusive business outcomes
• Strong presentation creation and delivery skills; ability to present information in a clear, concise manner.
• An inherent sense of urgency to drive great results, while being precise in executing work.
• Proven track record of building relationships with and influencing stakeholders and cross-functional teams
• Proven ability to lead conversations will broad audiences and navigate crucial conversations regarding underrepresented communities, privilege, and equity.
People Management/Department Management/Business Unit Management:
• You are authentic and love advising and connecting with people
• You value the autonomy to use common sense and good judgment to make impactful decisions
• You are naturally comfortable exercising discretion
• You have a reputation for excellence, integrity and practice “Uncommon Thinking”
• You have superior relationship building skills and can adapt to multiple audiences, including executive leadership
• You are comfortable dealing with conflict and providing solutions
• You are an innovative thinker who anticipates and solves problems
• Execution of initiatives, goals and programs.
• Manage implementation of new initiatives and ensure coordination of strategy and initiatives.
• Adhere to all local, state, and federal regulations
• Treats all employees in a manner that is consistent with the company’s Values and Standards of Behavior
• Lead complex organizational change efforts
• Facilitate consensus among divergent groups
• Acknowledge and reward employees’ strengths and accomplishments
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, organizational development, or a related field from an accredited university.
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Master’s degree in related field
• Five years of professional work experience related to DEI with experience in creating and managing diversity initiatives.
• Demonstrated success in implementing DEI initiatives that contribute a the overall culture of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to influence and guide organizational change.
• Experience in creating metrics and analyzing data to inform, influence, and communicate.
• Ability to create project plans, set milestones, delegate tasks, and track progress.
• Highest level of integrity in managing confidential and sensitive information.
• Excellent communication skills with high emotional intelligence.
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations to a wide range of audiences.
• Ten years of professional work experience or training related to DEI with experience in managing diversity initiatives.
• Five years of experience in creating metrics and analyzing data to inform, influence, and communicate.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE: Diversity & Inclusion, Cultural Intelligence or Implicit Bias