Under general direction, performs procurement functions in compliance with policies, procedures and applicable State and Federal rules and regulations. With minimal supervision allowing for independent judgement and action, acts as a liaison between department leaders to meet organizational priorities and procures equipment, supplies, and services at the best value possible for assigned construction projects to include complex engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. Prepares informal bids and formal solicitations within established purchasing procedures and applicable laws, reviews departmental requests, communicates with vendors, manages process from planning to execution of contract.
• Plans, develops and awards simple to complex solicitations and contract awards to support the organization's construction and real estate strategies and operational needs.
• Write proper IFB, RFI, RFP, RFQ bid documents for Construction services and qualifications that are needed to support Organization services and operations. Analyze formal solicitations following recommendations by Department Heads to ensure the best interests of Central Health.
• Develops informal and formal solicitations pertaining to construction projects based on policy guidance and business needs, including every phase of planning and development of procurements and assists with moderately complex solicitations in key areas.
• Develops and implements Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) vendor outreach and education.
• Provides information and assistance to staff regarding purchasing procedures, purchase order/bid status updates and contract status.
• Creates, manages, and maintains database and documentation, including reviewing for conformity to negotiated rates, rules, and regulations.
• Posts public notices as applicable.
• Prepares purchase orders, solicits bid proposals, and reviews requisitions for goods and services purchased.
• Research, interview and negotiate with suppliers to obtain prices and specifications.
• Coordinates and manages pre-bid conferences with vendors
• Compiles data for, and prepares Contract, Procurement and HUB Utilization reports for Executive Management and the Board of Managers.
• Manages orders against existing contracts or approved requisitions.
• Implements records management practices for assigned area(s) according to policy and procedure and maintains assigned files and records.
• Meet with customers and technical teams to understand, identify, and define business needs
• Collaborate with project sponsors and business owners to guarantee projects and requests align with customer and/or departmental strategies and goals
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Principles and Practices of public sector purchasing
• Writing specification and scope of work to ensure business needs are achieved;
• Evaluating bids and proposals;
• Thinking critically using logic and analysis to identify strengths and weaknesses of different approaches Utilizing computer-based purchasing applications (Bid Sync);
• Researching equipment, vendors and other information as relates to purchasing
• Listening to internal and external customers and ascertaining appropriate information;
• Effectively communicating information and ideas verbally, and in writing;
• Organization and time management; Developing approaches for implementing ideas.
• Develop complex solicitation documents to procure necessary goods and services;
• Correctly follow established statutes, rules, processes and procedures;
• Manage a heavy workload and meet deadlines, as required;
• Evaluate contracts and recommend future status;
• Pay attention to details.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five years of procurement experience including expertise in construction services or industry, to include:
• Work with Department Heads and Business Owners to develop and review of specifications for engineering, architecture, environmental and construction projects,
• Work with Department Heads and Business Owners to develop and review of scopes of work for engineering, architecture, environmental and construction projects,
• identification and selection of procurement methods,
• Work with Department Heads and Business Owners to identify and prepare evaluation criteria for engineering, architecture, environmental and construction projects,
• Preparation and advertising of solicitation documents, and negotiation of proposals.
• Experience working with customers and stakeholders to perform business needs assessments
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five years of complex procurement experience in governmental procurement, including
technical or specialized purchasing such as technology, construction, and health care services. Experience negotiating complex construction and professional services contracts in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE: Holds and maintains these certifications as a professional. Lapsing/expiration of these certifications/licensure will result in suspension of work: N/A
• Professional certification as a professional buyer or public purchasing officer by a national purchasing organization,
• Texas Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage on personal vehicle utilized for work-related purposes.