Candidate selection will occur in late July 2020
Under general supervision, refers, enrolls and/or assists customers in obtaining appropriate healthcare, and assists customers in resolving complex problems and complaints.
• Interview applicants in a professional and courteous manner to obtain appropriate demographic and household information needed in order to screen clients for appropriate healthcare coverage programs
• Accurately enter client data, and collect, verify and scan appropriate documents into the eligibility database according to Eligibility Policies and Procedures.
• Accurately apply the Eligibility Policies and Procedures to determine client eligibility and enroll eligible clients into the appropriate local and grant programs.
• Inform and educate clients on program benefits, in person, over the phone, or through email.
• Pay attention to details
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing quickly and correctly and to understand and organize a problem and then to select a mathematical method or formula to solve the problem
• Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards
• Work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds
• Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing and data base systems, and other office procedures and terminology
• Interviewing techniques and proper interviewing etiquette
• Conflict resolution techniques
• Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution
• Knowing how to find information and identifying essential information
• Communicating effectively in speaking and writing as indicated by the needs of the audience
• Coordinating activities by adjusting actions in relation to others' actions
• Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react the way they do
• Performing basic operations in Microsoft Office Suite
• Listening to what other people are saying and asking questions as appropriate
• Actively looking for ways to help people and establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
• Efficiently shift back and forth between two or more activities or sources of information
• Correctly follow a given rule or set of rules in order to arrange things or actions in a certain order including procedures, orders or logical operations
• Use deductive reasoning to apply general rules to specific problems to come up with logical answers and decide if an answer makes sense
• Communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will understand
MINIMUM EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
• Three (3) years of related experience
• Speak, read, and write Spanish fluently
• Experience assisting clients with applying for state or federal programs