Responsible for performing human resources related duties for the organization. The Senior Generalist will concentrate on supporting the organization’s HMO staff, but will have other responsibilities within Central Health. Functional areas include employment, benefits, compensation, employee relations, performance management, and training and development.
Essential Duties (at least 5 that are non-negotiable duties and are absolutely pertinent to successfully completing the job without accommodations):
• Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers of Human Resources in all matters and transactions.
• Serve as a point of contact for the HR Department for general phone and e-mail inquiries, and in a timely manner, accurately resolve or escalate inquiries as appropriate.
• Communicates various policies, procedures, laws, standards, and other regulations to employees and leaders, with direction and guidance from the Senior HR Business Partner or VP of HR as needed.
• Assists in the workforce development efforts for the assigned locations.
• Provides coaching and guidance to management related to employee relations concerns.
• Manage the performance management, termination, and exit processes for employees and locations assigned.
• As directed, participates in employee relations issues through to resolution, including unemployment and/or EEOC claims.
• As directed, participates in the recruiting and selection process.
• As directed, participates in employee training and development.
• Analyze current policies, processes, and procedures and recommend potential changes, updates, or enhancements.
• As directed, assists with routine processes and projects across all functional areas of Human Resources.
• Participates in departmental audits and projects, as well as assists in preparing metrics, reports, and presentations as directed.
• Ability to work assigned hours, and occasionally outside assigned working hours as needed.
• Participates in department meetings and continuing education opportunities.
• Maintains confidentiality of all Human Resources and company information and data.
• Performs all duties in an ethical manner consistent with the organization’s mission, vision, and I Promise statement.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
• Human Resources concepts, practices, policies and procedures
• Federal and state laws, rules, and regulations regarding Human Resources
• Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Publisher, & Outlook)
• HRIS & ATS Applications (ADP and iCIMS preferred)
• Providing exceptional customer service
• Verbal and written communications, including telephone and email etiquette
• Working independently in a fast-paced, multi-task environment as well as part of a team
• Effective problem solving techniques
• Work in a self-directed, organized manner
• Multitask while maintaining a strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Present information in a consistent, organized, and accurate manner
• Demonstrate flexibility and ingenuity in response to change
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships across the organization at various levels, as well as with external customers
• Compile, organize, and analyze data
• Maintain Confidentiality
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business
• Master’s degree in Human Resources or Business
• Two (2) years’ experience in a related Human Resources role; and
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Five (5) years’ HR experience in a healthcare setting