Responsible for the organization’s procurement function in compliance with policies and applicable State and Federal rules and regulations including direct supervision of staff, development and implementation of policies and procedures and internal training on procurement function. Procures equipment, supplies and services at the best value possible for the organization or enterprise partners. Prepares bids and solicitations within established procurement procedures and applicable laws, reviews departmental requests, communicates with vendors, negotiates price and terms and conditions of items or services. Develops and manages ongoing outreach efforts to Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) vendors to ensure awareness and promote participation in informal and formal solicitations.
• Principles and practices of public sector purchasing
People Management/Department Management/Business Unit Management:
• Supervision and development of the Purchasing Agent(s)
• High level of skill at building relationships and providing excellent customer service.
• High level of problem solving skill to better serve external customers and internal staff.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to implement and evaluate administrative processes.
• Ability to supervise a staff.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in a related field
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: A minimum of seven years of Purchasing experience, to include:
• development and review of informal and formal solicitations
• procedure and process implementation
• contract negotiation and award
• 2 years of supervisory experience
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE: Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) must be obtained within 18 months of hire date.
Current Texas Driver’s License and Proof of automobile liability insurance coverage on personal vehicle utilized for work related purposes
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: At least five (5) years of supervisory experience.
Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) or private sector equivalent,
Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO) or private sector equivalent,