Under general direction, performs procurement functions in compliance with policies, procedures and applicable State and Federal rules and regulations. With minimal supervision allowing for independent judgement and action, acts as a liaison between department leaders to meet organizational priorities and procures equipment, supplies and services at the best value possible for assigned departments or functions. Prepares informal bids and formal solicitations within established purchasing procedures and applicable laws, reviews departmental requests, communicates with vendors, manages process from planning to execution of contract.
• Principles and practices of public sector purchasing
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: A minimum of two years of procurement experience, to include:
• development and review of specifications,
• development and review of scopes of work,
• identification and selection of procurement methods,
• issuance of purchase orders against existing cooperative or company group purchasing contracts,
• identification and preparation of evaluation criteria,
• preparation and advertising of solicitation documents, and
• negotiation of proposals.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three years of complex procurement experience in governmental procurement, including technical or specialized purchasing such as technology, construction or health care services.
• Professional certification as a professional buyer or public purchasing officer by a national purchasing organization,
• Texas Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage on personal vehicle utilized for work-related purposes.