The Network Engineer is responsible for assisting with the design, planning, installation and troubleshooting of the enterprise network. This position will work in close collaboration with the Infrastructure and User Support teams to monitor the network by analyzing and isolating any problems that may arise. This position will also manage network security tools, e.g., firewall, anti-virus and intrusion detection systems. The Network Engineer will perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties (at least 5 that are non-negotiable duties and are absolutely pertinent to successfully completing the job without accommodations):
The Network Engineer MUST:
• Primarily responsible for designing, developing and implementing enterprise level system strategies.
• Analyze network and infrastructure problems and develops solution-focused recommendations
• Performs vendor management and oversight as needed
• Partner with colleagues to serve as a Subject Matter Expert to effectively identify and communicate risks and assist with
• Provide hardware and software support on installed systems to include the configuration, maintenance, and updates for the
• Capacity planning, troubleshooting, and maintenance of a wireless enterprise environment
• Monitor and manage the system’s capabilities, availability, and performance against overall Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
criteria including reporting of capacity, utilization, trending and forecasting
• Conduct research and analysis of new tools and technologies for the enhancement of existing solutions and to fulfill new
• Certify infrastructure adheres to established SLAs by analyzing current capabilities and forecasting organizational growth
demands Respond promptly to network problems by actively participating in maintenance and incident response functions
• Participate in maintenance and incident response functions and respond promptly to network and system problems
• Create and document processes and procedures.
• Provide regular status and project updates to leadership including regular trends and statistics related to systems and overall
health and metrics of the current network
• Proven capacity to perform with close attention to detail with accuracy.
• This position requires work outside of standard business hours, on occasion, the ability to work evenings, weekends and
• Strong customer service skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Collaborate with other Joint Tech leaders and staff
• Resilient problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing and expanding environment while keeping long-term goals in sight
• Critical thinking and decision-making
• Strong facilitation and communication skills
• Self-motivated and well organized
• Adaptable and responds willingly to change
• Strong troubleshooting and analytical abilities with detailed accuracy and the ability to solve problems under pressure with
• Established track record of delivering IT solutions and ability to be agile and work in a distributed environment
• Collect requirements, conduct briefings / presentations and ability to document policies and procedures, proposals, system
configuration and change information.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Network Administrator or Engineer in an enterprise environment.
• Experience in designing, developing and implementing enterprise level system strategies
• Experience working as a network administrator or engineer in a healthcare environment
• Advanced Wireless troubleshooting in densely populated enterprise environments
• Experience leading a team of network professionals in an enterprise environment
• Experience with Fortinet Firewalls
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE: Holds and maintains these certifications as a professional. Lapsing/expiration of these certifications/licensure will result in suspension of work:
• Cisco Certified Network Professional or Industry Equivalent
• CCNA Wireless or Equivalent