The Applications Specialist I is responsible for the training and support of all clinical and administrative team members. The Applications Specialist I will create training documentation and curriculum; perform technical training for new hires and ongoing user training during system changes/upgrades; participate in quality assurance testing to ensure end user requirements are met with a focus on efficient clinic workflow; provide second tier support for various applications used in the enterprise. The Applications Specialist will also perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties (at least 5 that are non-negotiable duties and are absolutely pertinent to successfully completing the job without accommodations):
· Utilize standardized department tools/software systems to plan task/projects and monitor progress toward milestones and deadlines, reassigning resources when necessary to meet organizational objectives.
· Maintains up-to-date expertise on the operation and application of various enterprise applications.
· Maintains a working knowledge of key indicators, standards, and processes related to EMR systems.
· Able to travel between all clinics. These are located throughout Travis, Bastrop, and Williamson counties.
· Work collaboratively to create and continuously update technical training materials and classes for various training needs (new user training, refresher training, upgrade training, Tips and Tricks, and frequent asked questions).
· Conduct both group and individual training sessions with end users as needed.
· Conduct training in person and virtually.
· Provides second tier support for various applications/modules when an issue is escalated to the help desk.
· Create and track tickets with our vendors on various applications including the EMR. Ensures support tickets are being worked in a timely manner in accordance with our service level agreements (SLA).
· Provide technical support via phone, online, and/or in person.
· Serve as a primary resource to the EMR super- users in ticket resolution.
· Assist with coordinating clinical/administrative requests for EMR system modification and act as a liaison between the end user and information technology to optimize tools and workflows in the EMR application.
· Coordinates system changes with the governance team for decision making.
· Provides check in with site's clinical staff through at the elbow support to assess end user fluency and satisfaction.
· Provides management technical system guidance to improve and streamline operational workflows.
· Conducts periodic observations of end users in their environment to identify areas for improvement and suggestions for workflow redesign.
· Reviews all system notifications and updates, and documents potential changes to workflows.
· Supports all phases of the EMR implementation.
· Excellent customer service, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, technical environment.
· Ability to problem solve in the various modules/applications.
· Demonstrate flexibility and ability to accept changes gracefully.
· Able to work professionally and collaboratively in a team-based health care delivery setting and as an individual.
· Possess strong skills in Microsoft Office.
· Possess positive training competencies.
· Self-learner with ability to easily learn new software.
· Reliable transportation required.
· Ability to teach different kinds of learners and in different methods (remotely, in-person, classroom style, one-on-one, etc.).
· Strong knowledge of clinical and/or administrative workflows.
· Attention to detail and excellent analytical and critical thinking skills (strong problem-solving skills).
· Must be able to work flexible hours. Some evenings, nights, and weekends are occasionally required. Able to respond to issues during non-production hours.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: High School Diploma
· 1 year of experience in computer related training, adult education or as an EMR super user
· 1 year of Electronic Health Record system experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree highly desired in Business, Clinical Science, Education or Computer Science
· 1 year of experience as a super user/support role using an EMR
· Experience implementing and supporting an EMR
· Clinical experience
· Knowledge of Medical terminology
· FQHC and/or Healthcare background
· Epic experience
PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE: Any Epic certifications