Reporting to the Manager of Business Development, the Customer Service Representative is responsible for handling a large volume of inbound and outbound calls related to health insurance in a timely manner, following call center scripts when handling different topics, identify customer needs, clarify information, assist customers in the enrollment process using sales techniques, research and provide solutions. The chosen candidate will maintain records of conversations and results and meet team/personal qualitative and quantitative targets.
• Respond to customer phone inquiries through inbound and outbound calls.
• Access and interpret customer accounts and provider data to provide answers to inquiries
• Assist customers in the enrollment process using sales techniques
• Document all customer interactions
• Maintain communication equipment by reporting problems
• Accomplish sales and organization mission by completing related projects as assigned.
• Adhere to established quality and production standards
• Maintain customer privacy
• Protect company proprietary information
• Report to work on a regular and predictable schedule
• Knowledge of health programs and geographical area served
• Strong written and communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail with good problem solving skills
• Proficient with MS Office, Word & Excel
• Strong customer service mindset
• Knowledge of HIPAA regulations
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Fluency in English and Spanish reading and writing preferred, but not required
MINIMUM EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 1 year of customer service experience
• Previous experience in a telephonic customer support role.
• Experience with Marketplace enrollment preferred
• Experience working with culturally and linguistically diverse populations
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in a managed care setting
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in a marketing or sales environment
• Data entry experience
• Understanding of a regulated sales environment