Architect to provide on call services to support and advance clinical and/or office projects. This position will provide professional architectural services, including programming, design, construction documents preparation including drawings and specifications, design services management of outside, supporting design disciplines (e.g., MEP engineers), for projects including, but not limited to, interior renovations of new or expanded healthcare locations.
Work demand is NOT expected to be constant. Need responsive, quick turn-around of construction documents and building permit application support.
• Site inspection to confirm scope of work and systems impacted by planned work; design disciplines needed.
• Building Code assessment and evaluation. Ensure planned work complies with Codes and regulations.
• Conduct space programming and Test Fit Analyses
• Prepare high quality, coordinated construction documents including drawings and specifications.
• Perform Design Services Management—M/E/P and other disciplines design coordination, integration, direction and quality assurance reviews
• Provide building permit filing and support services that include response to City and/or County comments through permit process
• AutoCAD, Revit and MS Office Software mastery/efficiency
• Advanced communication skills
• Knowledge of ADA and related State and Local requirements
• Knowledge in City of Austin & Travis County building permit requirements
• Building systems knowledge and familiarity (structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, fire suppression, HVAC, etc.)
• Familiarity with “standard” design and construction contracts standards (AIA, Travis County, Other)
• Preferred familiarity with Joint Commission Standards
• National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) Accredited Professional Degree in Architecture and as accepted by the Texas Board of Architectural Examiners
• 5 Years in Architectural construction documents preparation, project management and projects construction administration of commercial construction, alterations and renovations.
8-10 Years of experience defined above