The CCC Data Scientist serves as a resource for operational, performance, and population health analysis for the Community Care Collaborative. Under general direction, the Data Scientist is responsible for organizing, analyzing, and reporting on data from large clinical, financial, and enrollment data sets. This position will develop custom algorithms, predictive and/ or prescriptive models that help to optimize healthcare delivery to our patients. This position will also assist in the design and development of data warehouses, performance dashboards, program evaluation models, and other systems that support the development of a clinically integrated network that is patient centered and data driven.
Essential Duties (at least 5 that are non-negotiable duties and are absolutely pertinent to successfully completing the job without accommodations):
• Build statistical (including predictive) models for various projects that range from program evaluation to population management.
• Perform quantitative and qualitative data analyses and prepare results to share with internal and external customers.
• Aid in design and development of data warehouse/data mart applications.
• Communicate highly technical information to numerous audiences including internal and external stakeholders and the community.
• Undertake complex data integration activities.
• Identify and troubleshoot data anomalies and irregularities.
• Prepare written and oral reports that communicate necessary information to internal and external customers.
• Produce and streamline as needed ongoing monthly, quarterly and annual reports in support of CCC.
• Become a data subject matter expert (SME) and understand various sources and applications of CCC data.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, optimization, clustering, decision trees, random forests, etc.).
• Experience using statistical computer languages to build efficient models.
• Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Keen understanding of data structure/ data architecture.
• Ability to manipulate data using SQL in SSMS environment.
• Familiarity with healthcare data from multiple sources including claims and EHR data.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with varying deadlines.
• Compliance with data confidentiality and security procedures.
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications specifically MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
• Ability to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas as indicated by audience.
• Knowledge of healthcare, including medical claims coding, relationships between health plans, providers, and payers, a plus.
People Management/Department Management/Business Unit Management:
The Data Scientist will serve as a project lead for projects on which there are multiple analysts. In that role, the Data Scientist may function in a supervisory position.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Master’s in Biostatistics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
PREFERRED EDUCATION: PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
• 2 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, including predictive models
• 1 year of experience with healthcare data
• 2 years of experience with R scripting
• 2 years of experience with SQL coding
• Experience with programming or scripting languages such as Python, Julia, MATLAB, Python, C++
• Experience with Tableau data visualization tool
• Experience with REDCap data repository
• Experience with Java
• Experience with MS Excel