The Director of IT/IS – Enterprise Services is responsible for acting on behalf of the CIO within the various business entities of the enterprise. The Director of IT/IS – Enterprise Services will promote and constantly reinforce the IT/IS guiding principles with all IT/IS team members and external customers. Under the Direction of the Chief Information Officer (CIO), the Director of IT/IS – Enterprise Services will act as a liaison between IT/IS and key business and/or clinical leaders and other internal customers. The Director of IT/IS – Enterprise Services will be the consistent voice and listener of the CIO within specific business units of the organization. Under general direction, this key position will communicate, discuss, and make IT/IS decisions based on organizational strategy and the IT/IS SOP and guiding principles established by the CIO. This position will act as the voice of the customer (key business and/or clinical leaders and other internal customers) within Central Health Joint Technology and with the Joint Technology leadership team. The Director of IT/IS – Enterprise Services will have the authority of the CIO to utilize all technology resources and all It/IS leadership, employees and vendors of the Joint Tech functional teams to address customer needs or issues and to meet the strategic objectives of the enterprise.
Meet specific goals related to the following IT/IS guiding principles:
2. Constant Collaboration
3. Strategic Planning
4. Service Focus
5. Technology and Resource Leverage
6. Minimizing Downtimes or Outages
7. Empower Staff
8. Create Accountability
9. Vendor Management
10. Secure and Protect the Organizations Infrastructure
11. Secure and Protect the Organizations Assets
12. Create Appropriate Policies Procedures And Standards
14. Create and Show Value for all CH organizations and partners
• Collaborate with all business stakeholders
• Partner with both internal and external people resources as customers
• Build Trust and Confidence
• Foster a talent and skill rich team
• Encourage Change – within IT/IS and within the culture
• Building relationships with key leaders to generate and develop ideas, pursue opportunities and solve challenges;
• Identifying, educating and influencing leaders on technology at all levels within the line of business;
• Building transparency and setting expectations between Joint Technology and the line of business;
• Collaborating, coordinating and communicating the efforts of Joint Technology and needs of the line of business;
• Monitoring the health care and information technology industries and the customer’s position within them to identify areas where Joint Technology can assist in meeting needs and adding value;
• Acts on behalf of the CIO within the enterprise and the IT/IS leadership team and is accountable to all aspects of the IT/IS vision, the seven IT/IS success factors and the guiding principles by which the Joint Technology team is governed
• Directing Joint Technology staff within a Matrix, as necessary
• 6-10 years of experience within information technology or related and healthcare industry, preferably with customer focused experience and/or direct interaction with customer leadership.
• Understanding of all aspects of information technology services as they relate to healthcare service delivery
• Ability to influence and lead in a matrixed environment and cross-functional teams within the organization
• Poise, executive presence and high articulacy. A strong background in crafting and delivering communication, information, presentations and reports.
• Proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels within an organization
People Management/Department Management/Business Unit Management:
• Direct service line operations and execution of initiatives, goals and programs.
• Manage implementation of new service line initiatives and ensure coordination of strategy and initiatives.
• Adheres to all local, state, and federal regulations
• Participates as member of company Leadership team
• Provides oversight and direction to the enterprise’s departmental efforts
• Develops and oversees departmental strategy to meet and support the strategic plan
• Create recruiting model that provides candidates with a superior experience and enables leaders to identify employees who will live the company mission every day.
• Builds and maintains a superior departmental support team serving all employees in a manner that is consistent with the company’s Core Beliefs
• Leads complex organizational change efforts
• Selects personnel for hire and promotion; takes appropriate actions regarding counseling, disciplinary actions, demotion and termination
• Directs, supports and coaches direct reports
• Responds proactively to employee needs and concerns
• Develops “experts” and “expertise” throughout the department and seeks employee input
• Facilitates consensus among divergent groups
• Minimizes staff turnover
• Acknowledges and rewards employees’ strengths and accomplishments
• Evaluates assigned staff performance and competency, providing direct feedback
• Assesses learning needs, develops competency plans and provides opportunities for learning
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Master’s Degree
• 6 – 10 years of experience within information technology or related and healthcare industry preferably with customer focused experience and/or direct interaction with customer leadership.
• 3+ years in a leadership role
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Understanding of all aspects of information technology services as they relate to healthcare service delivery
• Agile certified and/or PMP certification