Under the guidance of the Senior Data Management Healthcare Analyst, the Data Support Specialist will assist with healthcare data preparation and analysis to drive strategic planning efforts. Work will include, but will not be limited to, cleaning and processing data, building reports and analyzing them, and creating automation to ease data processing. This is a part-time, temporary position that will provide the candidate with training and experience with working with mapping and spatial analysis, as well as exposure to data within the healthcare sector.
• Work with large datasets – compile and clean data before it is analyzed.
• Conducts research, analyze trends, determines accuracy and relevancy of data information and present solutions and alternatives to issues when needed.
• Apply inductive reasoning to combine separate pieces of information, or specific answers to problems, to form general rules or conclusions to come up with a logical explanation for why a series of seemingly unrelated events occur together
• Map data using ArcGIS and produce reports that support strategic decision-making efforts.
• Prepares accurate and meaningful reports that describe and interpret findings of analyses for upper management decision making
• Maintain logs of activities and completed work.
• Protect the confidentiality of patient records, information, and activities that involve patient health information.
• Support other quantitative and qualitative data-related activities as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong problem solving skills with effective follow through, analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
• Interest in learning mapping software or working with data within the healthcare sector
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel software functions, including data sorting, filtering, and basic Excel formulas and functions
• Aptitude to work with technical software such as Tableau, SPSS/SAS/Stata/R, or ArcGIS
• Ability to:
o Handle detail and constantly change between competing priorities.
o Conduct research into software solutions and products as required.
o Follow data confidentiality and security procedures.
o Produce quality work under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
o Manage and prioritize multiple projects with varying deadlines.
o Efficiently shift back and forth between two or more activities or sources of information.
o Accurately connect data from various sources.
o Function and make progress in an ambiguous atmosphere.
• Minimum 60 semester hours from an accredited college or an Associate’s Degree
• Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may substitute
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Bachelor Degree
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: 1+ years data experience