Makes decisions for multiple programs regarding a client’s eligibility for healthcare services including interpreting and applying complex program requirements.
Explains program benefits and how to access services.
Assists customers in resolving complicated problems and complaints regarding services.
Applies performance standards to determine the accuracy of simple to complex program decisions.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing and data base systems, and other office procedures and terminology
- Interviewing techniques and proper interviewing etiquette
- Conflict resolution techniques
- Determining what needs to be recorded and accurately and completely recording information to meet all policy, procedure and regulatory requirements
- Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution
- Knowing how to find information and identifying essential information
- Communicating effectively in speaking and writing as indicated by the needs of the audience
- Coordinating activities by adjusting actions in relation to others' actions
- Fluently communicating verbally in English/Spanish
- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react the way they do
- Performing basic operations in Microsoft Office Suite
- Listening to what other people are saying and asking questions as appropriate
- Actively looking for ways to help people and establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Efficiently shift back and forth between two or more activities or sources of information
- Correctly follow a given rule or set of rules in order to arrange things or actions in a certain order including procedures, orders or logical operations
- Use deductive reasoning to apply general rules to specific problems to come up with logical answers and decide if an answer makes sense
- Add, subtract, multiply or divide quickly and correctly and to understand and organize a problem and then to select a mathematical method or formula to solve the problem
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will understand
- Pay attention to details
- Work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Read and understand basic Spanish on documents and forms
- See details of objects at a close range (within a few feet of the observer)
- Make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists
Present information in a clear concise manner
Evaluate various situations and decide on an appropriate course of action
While performing the duties of this job, the employee constantly is required to: Grasp, handle, feel, see, sit, listen, talk
The employee frequently is required to: Reach
The employee occasionally is required to: Lift up to 10 pounds, drive a vehicle